Day 3 - Getting a litte easier

So, last night, in the true nature of gym nerd, I decided to take my sore but to the gym. (on a Friday night) it was good, I saw some people who I haven't seen in a long time. My old trainer was glad to see me, it's nice he give me tips every now and then, but I still hate doing new exercises in front of him because I feel like a child playing with weights, always being corrected..Although the corrections are welcome... I know, I am a mess sometimes....

anyhow here's what took place last night..

CHEST
Dumbell bench presses
set 1.) 12.5 lbs x 12
set 2.) 15 lbs x 10
set 3.) 15 lbs x 8
set 4.) 17.5 lbs x 6
set 5.) 15 lbs x 12

SHOULDERS
Seated Shoulder Presses
set 1.) 10 lbs x 12
set 2.) 12.5 lbs x 10
set 3.) 15 lbs x 8
set 4.) 17.5 lbs x 6
set 5.) pull ups with dumbells (10lbs x 12)

BACK
Seated Machine rows
set 1.) 100 lbs x 12
set 2.) 80 lbs x 10
set 3.) 98 lbs x 8
set 4.) 100 lbs x 6
set 5.) overhead pull downs (35-40 lbs x 12)

TRICEPS
Overhead tricep extensions - with dumbells
set 1.) 12.5 lbs x 12
set 2.) 15 lbs x 10
set 3.) 15 lbs x 8
set 4.) 17.5 lbs x 6
set 5.) Overhead tricep extensions 1 - 15lbs x 12 - at this point, old trainer came to correct my form. was good, but a little too late. Need to remember to keep my elbows as close to my ears as possible.

BICEPS
Standing Bicep Curls
set 1.) 10 lbs x 12
set 2.) 12.5 lbs x 10
set 3.) 12.5 lbs x 8
set 4.) 12.5 lbs x 6
set 5.) Standing bicecp curls 10 lbs x 12- I didn't feel strong enough to go up to 15 lbs, which worked out because I did this really slowly, focusing on the downward movement as well.


Overall, was a quick easy workout. I am just not sure when quick and easy will feel like enough. But I think I will feel sore, as I can tell when I get shaky after my workouts. It was good. It sort of forces me to slow down and make the most out of the exercises.

The eating front was disasterous last night. Hubby had a poker night, so I was on my own. For some reason, when I am alone I eat like crap...Maybe because no one is watching? I dunno...I even had popcorn at the movie theaters....baaaaad. It was this weird roller coaster, even after I got home. I was hungry every two hours like clock work, but I know I was feeding my body crap. I am going to try and correct all that this weekend..

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger