Thoughts on Caving

So today...(only day two) I caved. Although...in my own defense I must say...I did acquire 2 additional points (I get 20 daily) plus a weekly 35 extra. So I am definitely dipping into my 35 points this week. I wish I didn't. My head is pounding and I don't feel so good. It was such a stupid move. I had a twix bar....I don't know why I just did it out of impulse. I've been trying to cut artificial sweetners out of my diet, but I think for impulses like this, it may not be a bad idea to have something low-fat and sweet on hand.

I did really well yesterday, and for most of today. (I resisted the meeting donuts this morning!) So I don't want to brood too heavily on how bad this was. Today hasn't passed without a little success. I just need to be more careful about what I eat tonight and for the rest of the week. I've noticed a 2 lb. drop just in two days alone. I highly doubt that twix will put me in the red, it's just not a very healthy habit. I need to replace it with a different habit. Which one, I'm not sure....The thing is, when these cravings occur, they don't just go away. I forget about them and then come back to them later until I give in. I guess I will just need to further develop my discipline and be more firm with myself. Especially if I am a diabetic risk.

The next meals (moving forward) will be different.

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger