An Emotional Weekend

So this weekend, again, was quite disasterous with regards to eating. However though, I am learning to bounce back and change my frame of thought. This time it took me a day and a half of positive self-talk and a bit of coaxing to come down from that ledge of emotional eating. Here are a few things that happened that led me to this.....

Friday - The Graduation Ceremony: step son's 8th grade graduation...This was stressful and emotional because our little man is growing up. It's been a little hard to come to terms with this because this means that my husband and I are *cringe* "getting older...." The arrival of my mother-in-law and my mom as well was comforting. They came with us and had a sort of calming effect on me. Also, this event was stressful because it was the possible avenue to a potentially disasterous encounter with the ex-wife. Which thankfully never happened...Later that night, we went out to Mexican food, which of course you need with a drink. Thankfully the drink was the only mistake I made that night. (Of course, I forgot I wasn't supposed to be drinking because I might be preggers....)

Saturday - The Graduation Party: Was very nice actually. The only stressful part was not giving ourselves enough time to get stuff done. But in the end most of the arrivals were late and pretty much everything was finished! My eating got out of hand because I didn't eat enough throughout the day which led to overeating later in the day and into that night. I just caved and decided to call that whole night a wash. Bad choice on my part because it made things all the much harder the next day.

Sunday - Finally a chance to relax: of course the worst felons of temptation were still lying around the house. (Chocolate chip cookies, cheese cake, chips) all of which found their way onto my plate and into my mouth shortly before 1pm...After feeling totally gluttonous and emotionally drained from my self-imposed downfall. I decided I'd had enough of this crappy state of mind. I marched up stairs decided to throw myself into the last few chapters of my book and take my mind off of things. That's the trick I'm seeing now. Its to change focus, and not give in to those nasty little impulses. I caved only once more opting for a last "heave-ho" and had a chocolate chip cookie. After that, my insulin levels spiked and crashed of course...

So I had a nice salad last night, and a very healthy dinner of steamed veggies, rice (need to change this to brown) and mushroom chicken. When going to bed, I was quite pleased with myself for getting this little binge under control. Also (earlier in the day) I decided to go shopping and change my focus even more to my size. This wasn't as depressing as I'd expected. I bought a size 6 skirt which had me flying high! I was so excited since I've been frequenting the 8-9 sections as of late. Well...no more..Not until I get pregnant at the very least.

This morning I packed my breakfast, lunch and snack and feel pretty confident that it's going to be a better day.

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger