Run + Lunges

This evening was the PERFECT running weather. I had to take advantage of the beautiful day and commemorate it with a nice run. My run took place smack dab in the middle of the Silicon Valley. It's a nature preserve / golf park. I really couldn't have picked a better spot. There were enough people to make it pleasant and not overly crowded. The breeze was gentle and the air was perfect. I didn't even listen to any music because nature alone just sounded like music to my ears.
I did a 35 minute run with stops for photo ops and mini breathers. I took my time tonight, and really just appreciated all the God put in front of me. Nature at her finest. Later, I did my 100 lunges in the parking lot. I tried to go as low and parallel to the ground as possible. There were other runners milling around in groups. I felt a little lonely, but really appreciative for the time to just let my brain unwind without any unnecessary chatter. It was lovely. Below are some pics that don't quite capture how pretty the evening really was.



(lagoon)
(path to lagoon)
(bridge on the path)

My conditioning wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be. My guess it's because of the actual time during my cycle. I've been tired and a little moody all week. Definitely sore, but still hanging in there! I hope I get the chance to really enjoy another evening run like tonight sometime soon.



Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger