Friday's always a kicker -Workout Detailed

So, it's the end of the week. I'm pooped. Now, that is (after my workout) This new workout circuit that I'm doing is fewer reps. I'm so used to doing high reps, that I'm stuck scratching my head..thinking...."well, I can't lift that little amount of weight, if I'm only doing 6 reps." So in a way, its kind of genius, because it really forces me to focus on my form, and to go heavier. A lot heavier. I think it's going to push me up to that next level of lifting. That's my wish..

The eating...okay, this has been out of control this week. This "no bread" rule has spun off into something totally mind boggling to me. I've transitioned my ridiculous love affair with all things carb-related to sugar related. I mean really...This has to stop..I think I'm starting to see my problem...I am going to start breaking up my meals. I eat three pretty large meals regularly. In fact too regularly. I think I'm eating too much..I've eaten smaller meals in the past and have proven to myself that it is possible to lose weight with diet modifications alone...But that's not going to be my approach. I think what I'll start doing is breaking up each of my three meals in half. Although there is something comforting and warming about having a nice full belly. The way I look at it is....If there are movie stars, singers, and famous people that can do this..Well, so can I. Dorky, I know. But they're doing something right..At least some of them. (not of the drug-taking kind)

Here's what I did tonight. I hit the weights harder than normal because again, it was that whole mental "only 6 reps" thing going through my mind..

10 min. elliptical warm up. (that weird cramping thing happened again, this time at the end of my warmup..not sure why this keeps happening)

Deadlifts (with barbell)
35lbs x 6 (warm up set)
40lbs x 6
50lbs x 6
60lbs x 6

Incline Dumbbell Press
20lbs x 8
22.5lbs x 8
25lbs x 8 - I thought I was going to drop the dumbbells at this point. But this little guy next to me kept grabbing heavier weights..Competitive, I know...its my ego lifting acting up. I WASN'T going to be shown up by some little man...

Barbell Row
20lbs x 8 (warm up set)
25lbs x 8
30lbs x 8
35lbs x 8 - these bad boys kicked my butt, they're a lot harder than they look!

Smith Press Machine Squats
50lbs x 6
70lbs x 6
80lbs x 6
0 x 10 - ghost squats (no weight squats all the way to the ground) I don't know why, but this last ghost set feels really good at the end of squatting kinda heavy..

Dumbbell Shrugs
15lbs x 10
17.5lbs x 10
20lbs x 10 - I felt ridiculous doing these, they look really dumb...

Hip Abduction Machine (inner thighs)
90lbs x 8
110lbs x 8
130lbs x 8

Abs - Crunches (with medicine ball)
4lbs x 25
6lbs x 25
8lbs x 25

Abs - Obliques
4lbs x 20
6lbs x 20
8lbs x 20

Leg lifts (on chair thingy)
0 x 25
0 x 25
0 x 25

By the last set of abs, I was ready to keel over and die. It was a great workout. After recovering for a bit, I even mozied on down to the cardio room. Call me crazy, but I considered taking a class after all this...Which leads me to believe, that 1. I'm either totally insane, or 2. I might not be going heavy enough....

Ok..Time to map out tomorrow's trail run. I've downloaded the latest Grace Lazenby (sp?) ipod workout for Livestrong. I hope I can make it through a 45 min. run, it's been a while since I've run for that long.




Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Blasé said...

I got exhausted just reading this...Whew!

Powered By Blogger