Great Run on Sat. / Yoga on Sun.

I wasn't planning on doing anything else past Friday, but I guess with all this movement, I haven't really been able to stop! So, the family and I packed up the car (along with another little buddy for my step-son) and headed to Santa Cruz. I had a FANTASTIC run along the coast! I didn't realize that I actually cranked out about 4.5 miles. I started the run listening to my itrain marathon training mp3, then realized after 20 min. that I wasn't ready for that yet. Although the sprints were really good for me...I need to start doing those again. After that, I switched to my own music for about 15 min. Then, I just wanted to hear the ocean waves crashing. So for the rest of my run, I just listened to the surf. It was divine. What wasn't so divine was dodging so many people. Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought a little jaunt along the coast was a magnificent idea. Below are some pictures I took a little while after my run.

(total run time 49 min) - I did a slow 11 min / mile run.


(above photo W. Cliff Dr. looking north)


(above photo W. Cliff Dr. looking west)

Sunday, I decided that I was too stiff and took a Yoga class for the first time in a very long time. It felt really good to give my body the stretching it deserved. Sunday also happened to be the day that I feel off the no-carb wagon and indulged. I'm okay with it though, I've worked really hard last week. This week, I'll be more disciplined.






Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger