Strange Cardio Night

Tonight was a strange cardio night at the gym. I expected more out of it than I actually got. I guess I'm just horribly out of touch with my cardiovascular abilities these days. I did this:

20 min. on the stair stepper - which I bounced around between level 13 and level 8. Eventually dropping it down to 8 because I was cramping.

20 min. on Elliptical (cross trainer) - I don't normally count this as my cardio, I usually just do warmups on this machine. I prefer to run, but it was really warm out this evening so I decided to keep the workout indoors. And honestly, after my cramping incident on the stair stepper, I decided to take things down a notch.

Also, today was monumental in the sense that I *almost* drank a full gallon of water! Now this may sound elementary to most of you, but to me it was a big thing. I have about a 1/4 left to drink. I'm not sure if it's safe to finish off this gallon at 10:35pm. I really don't want to be up all night. *Note to self...do not drink almost a full gallon and attempt to attend "back to school night!" I had my poor hubby looking at me like I was neurotic after every bell, I was looking for the loo. Ya..best to practice this water chugging thing in the comforts of my own home thank-you-very-much.

Tomorrow, I will tackle the following:

  • I will make breakfast at home (as I've been doing everyday this week so far!)
  • I will opt for salad during lunch/ or stir fry sans the rice
  • I will AVOID the candy dish at work...(this sounds dumb, but Halloween time is my demise, and I have to draw on every disciplinary reserve I have to avoid eating candy)
  • I will not have change with me, so the vending machine is out of the question.
  • I will have another great strength-training workout. (third this week)
  • I will have a plan of attack for Saturday's cardio bonanza.
  • I will be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, because it's finally FRIDAY!!!!


Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger